OIII-CCD 12nm Deep Sky Imaging Filter
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimize vignetting by maximize possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”, 45mm for 2")
- Aerometal Material, Precise CNC Machining, Sand Blasting Process, Black Anodized Finish, Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection, Laser Engraving No Fading.
Narrowband OIII filter is designed for nebula observation allowing 12nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 500nm through, which corresponds to OIII emission lines, and reducing the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapor, and both high and low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow).
OIII emits 495.9nm and 500.7nm and it is a blue-green colored filter. Many of images of planetary nebula and supernova remnants are taken only with H-alpha and OIII filters. They show great structural details, but have natural colors, looking like an RGB image.
Standard 1.25” & 2” | Round 36mm Unmounted
- Suitable for visual observation on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Hubble look of images can be made by the combination of H-alpha, OIII-CCD and SII-CCD, such as the famous “Pillars of Creation” (M16 Eagle Nebula)
- Narrowband filter do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
Note : This filter is not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH THIS FILTER. You would be BLIND if you fail to observe the warning.
Note: For Solar observation use high quality solar film ie BAADER Solar film or Solar filter along with this filter.