- The Sony IMX290/291LRQ uses STARVIS back-illuminated pixel technology for improvements in visible and IR light regions.
- Besides a back-illuminated structure, the Sony IMX290LRQ also has an expanded photodiode area.
- When applied simultaneously, these features improve sensitivity in both light regions compared to the existing front-illuminated structure.
- The IMX290/291 has a diagonal size of 6.46 mm (Type 1/2.8) and uses a 2.9 um square pixel that was newly developed by Sony to further enhance picture quality at low illuminations.
The ZWO ASI290MM is a CMOS camera that is awesome for lunar, solar, and planetary imaging, and can even capture deep sky images. The ASI290MM uses the Sony IMX290/291 monochrome 1/3" CMOS 2.13 MP sensor, with a 1936 x 1096 array of 2.9um pixels. This sensor has extremely low read noise of 1.0e at 30db gain and can fire off a maximum of 170 FPS at full resolution.
The ZWO ASI290MM body has a back focus of 12.5mm. A high speed USB 3.0 port, ST4 guide port, 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an AR window are features of this ZWO imaging camera. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- ZWO ASI290MM camera body
- 2 meters long ST4 lead line
- 1.25 "dust cover
- M42-1.25 "adapter
- 2 meters long USB3.0 line
- Drive CD