- The Sony IMX185 sensor offers extremely low read noise (3.3e).
- The image array for the IMX185 is 1945 x 1225, with a pixel size of 3.75 microns.
- This sensor supports an optical size of type 1/2 full HD.
- The pixel sensitivity is 1120 mV.
- Sensitivity has been improved in the near infrared light region — 1.8X that of a comparable sensor
- The IMX185 is a Sony Exmor high performance CMOS image sensor with high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion.
The ZWO ASI185MC imaging camera houses a Sony IMX185 Exmor sensor, with 2.3M 3.5um pixels in a 1944 x 1224 format. The IMX185 CMOS sensor has extremely low read noise of 3.3 e, and is highly sensitive, especially in the near infrared. The ZWO ASI185MC color camera, when compared to the ASI224MC, has a larger sensor with the same size pixels, but the read noise is a little higher on the 185 as opposed to the 224.
Great for all astronomical imaging applications, the ZWO ASI185MC body has a high speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2” interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an IR-cut window. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. The focus distance to the sensor is 12.5 mm.
QE relative curve, we assess the peak should be between 75% to 80%
Ultra-low readout noise can be comparable to SCMOS and EMCCD.
- ZWO ASI185MC camera body
- 2 meters long ST4 lead line
- 1.25 "dust cover
- M42-1.25 "adapter
- 2 meters long USB3.0 line
- Drive CD