- High sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range is yours with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by changing fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1µm²*, and realizes high picture quality in the visible and near infrared light regions.
- High dynamic range was achieved by featuring 14 bit ADC, which reduced quantization noise and suppressed dark random noise. This enables clear image quality in light and dark areas, even when imaging objects with high contrast.
The ZWO ASI178MM is loaded with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated, 6.4M pixel image sensor. The 1/1.8" sensor has an array of 3096 x 2080 pixels that are 2.4um square. With a 14bit ADC, super low read noise of 2.2 e, and high sensitivity, the ZWO ASI178MM would make a great camera for microscopy as well as astronomy.
- ZWO ASI178MM camera body
- 2 meters long ST4 lead line
- 1.25 "dust cover
- M42-1.25 "adapter
- 2 meters long USB3.0 line
- Drive CD