ASI 290MM-Cool (mono)
- ZWO ASI290MM-COOL advanced monochrome astronomy camera with back illuminated 2.1 megapixel CMOS sensor with 1936x1096 resolution, 2.9 μm pixels, and 6.46 mm diagonal size
- Integrated TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 35C to 40C below ambient to keep noise low to enable imaging of faint deep-sky objects
- Ideal for capturing high-resolution images of the Moon, Sun, and planets
- Advanced Sony IMX290 sensor with Exmor R technology for high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation with back illuminated sensors
- Fast USB 3.0 transfer at up to 170 fps at maximum 1936x1096 resolution and 381 fps at 640x480; interface is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with software, cables, adapters, and manual
- Compact body with 78mm diameter and weight of only 410 g
Sony developed a 213 million effective pixel back-illuminated CMOS image sensor IMX290LQR and IMX291LQR, in the industrial application of visible and near infrared light region sensitivity has improved significantly.
A new 2.9 μm square pixel has been developed that combines a back-illuminated structure with a technique for improving near-infrared sensitivity to further improve picture quality at low illumination while enabling full HD cameras for industrial applications. This achieves twice or more times the sensitivity in the visible region and three or more times the sensitivity in the near-infrared region, and is stronger than the existing Sony product (IMX236LQJ).
In normal mode, the camera does not need an external power supply to run
here is a 60S dark field test. We recommend 12V, 2.5A or larger DC adapter as cooler power supply (2.1 * 5.5, center positive jack).
- ZWO ASI290MM-COOL Frozen camera body
- M42-1.25 "adapter
- 1.25 "dust cover
- 2 meters long USB 3.0 line
- 30cm long USB 2.0 short x2
- Dry desiccant
- Drive CD