Star Analyser 200
- High quality transmission diffraction grating mounted in a standard 1.25 inch filter cell
- Anti- reflection coated glass protects the grating surface
- High efficiency 200 lines/mm blazed design
- Simple to use - Screws into a camera eyepiece adapter like a normal filter
- Spectrum direction marked on the filter cell. A locking ring maintains the orientation
- Optimized for the small CCD sensors found in popular webcams, video and astro cameras.
- Star and spectrum can be recorded in the same image, which aids identification and calibration
- Grating distance can be adjusted if desired using spacer rings (purchased separately)
- Can also be fitted to an eyepiece for visual use
The Star Analyser 200 is a high efficiency 200 lines/mm transmission diffraction grating, blazed in the first order. It is mounted in a standard 1.25 inch diameter low profile threaded cell, compatible with most telescopes and accessories as well as thin filter wheels. It has been designed to make the production of low resolution spectrum images of a wide range of point like astronomical objects as easy as possible. It complements a wide range of types of camera used in astro-imaging. It can however also be adapted for visual use. If you do not intend to use a Star Analyser in a filter wheel, we recommend you to use a Star Analyser 100 which will provide a similar resolution without too much dispersion. To mount your Star Analyser 200 in a filter wheel for unmounted filters, you can use the mounting kit.