- Large diameter eyepiece aperture facilitates comfortable viewing of the single, large and bright spectrum, which is centrally placed in the field of view.
- High quality optical components ensure that absorption bands show up clearly - even weak bands that are sometimes difficult to detect.
- The linear spectrum is generated by a particularly bright transmission diffraction grating of 600 lines/mm.
- The unit is of fixed construction - no need for adjustment.
- Robust assembly to withstand years of student handling.
- Convenient size, 115mm x 25mm.
- Supplied in protective rigid box.
This visual handheld spectroscope is a 115mm long tube with a very precise entrance slit which provides a very good resolution for such product. It is very easy to use on any light source: the sky (solar spectrum with Fraunhofer absorption lines), flame test in chemical analysis, absorption spectra through liquids, bright lines from discharge tube or any desk/streetlamp...
This handheld spectroscope is ideal to use in classroom, during scientifical public outreach or simply for you to look at street lamp differently!