60mm Double stack, 6mm BF Pressure tuning, CF
- New, patented etalon technology and different components.
- Prone to less thermal disturbances and de-contacting.
- Stylized pearl white paint with black anodized trim.
- Clamshell mount, 2" 10:1 Crayford focuser and padded hard case included!
Enjoy rarely-seen views of the Sun's surface and rim with the Lunt Solar Systems' 60mm f/8.3 Hydrogen-Alpha Double-Stacked Etalon Refractor Solar Telescope. This dedicated solar scope features a 60mm objective lens , a 500mm focal length, and an internal etalon with a <0.75 Angstrom band pass. The scope is offered here as a double-stacked system with an internal etalon and removable external front etalon that reduces the band pass to <0.5 Angstrom for increased contrast and enhanced views of the seething caldron of the surface and rim activity. It comes with a 6mm blocking filter in a star diagonal configuration that fits in the Crayford-style focuser and accepts 1.25" eyepieces and accessories and should be used for visual observation only. Its dual-speed Crayford-style focuser uses a toothless friction system that allows for super-fine precision focusing without backlash. This solar scope comes without a mount or tripod, but is outfitted with a mounting base that has a 1/4"-20 threads for attaching it to most tripods or compatible mounts. For safe transportation and storage, two foam-lined hard carrying cases are included, one for the OTA and a smaller one for the front filter.
- 60mm aperture
- f/8.3 focal ratio
- 500mm focal length
- Refractor-style optical path
- Internal etalon with tune adjustment allows for a <0.75 Angstrom band pass at 656nm$
- Removable front etalon lowers band pass to <0.5 Angstrom for rich contrast and enhanced surface details
- True Doppler pressure tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user for enhanced viewing
- 6mm aperture
- Use for visual observation only
- Fits into focuser and accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Star diagonal configuration
- 2" diameter
- Crayford-style design
- Dual-speed with 10:1 fine-tuning for precision focusing
- Crayford focusers use a toothless friction system that allows for super-fine precision focusing without backlash