60mm, 12mm blocking filter, 2" FT, Pressure Tuning
- New, patented etalon technology and different components.
- Given to less thermal disturbances and de-contacting.
- Stylized pearl white paint with black anodized trim.
- Clamshell mount, 10:1 Feather touch focuser with 1.5" travel and padded hard case included!
Enjoy rarely-seen views of the Sun's surface and rim with the Lunt Solar Systems' 60mm f/8.3 Hydrogen-Alpha Single Etalon Refractor Solar Telescope. This dedicated solar scope features a 60mm objective lens , a 500mm focal length, and an internal etalon with a <0.75 Angstrom ban dpass. The scope is offered here with a 12mm blocking filter in a star diagonal configuration. It fits in the Feather Touch rack-and-pinion focuser and accepts 1.25" eyepieces and accessories for visual observation with a wide field of view, or imaging. Its rack-and-pinion Feather-Touch focuser features a dual-speed design with a 10:1 fine-focus for precision focusing. Feather touch focusers are generally better for handling heavier loads, such as larger imaging systems. This solar scope comes without a mount or tripod, but is outfitted with a mounting base that has a 1/4"-20 threads for attaching it to most tripods or compatible mounts. For safe transportation and storage, a foam-lined hard carrying case is included.
- 60mm aperture
- f/8.3 focal ratio
- 500mm focal length
- Refractor-style optical path
- Internal etalon with tune adjustment allows for a <0.75 Angstrom band pass at 656nm$
- True Doppler pressure tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user for enhanced viewing
- 12mm aperture
- Use for visual observation with a larger field of view, or imaging
- Fits into focuser and accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Star diagonal configuration
- 2" diameter
- Feather-Touch design
- Dual-speed with 10:1 fine-tuning for precision focusing
- Feather touch focusers are generally better for handling heavier weights, as with imaging systems, than a Crayford-style